BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Breech Baby, Breech Baby, Give Me Your Hand... I Mean Feet?

Had my 32 week appt yesterday with the midwife team, and I really liked the lady I saw. It was a good, positive appt. She measured belly and listened to Little Miss' heartbeat. She said that everything's right on track. She also prodded (but in a very professional way) mah belly and said that Little Girl is currently in breech (head up, toes down, specifically in my bladder) position. It's not a big deal NOW, but she needs to flip over before showtime. Which is what I'm calling it now. P.S. This is my show, I'm the star, until the finale, I guess. Anyhoo, we're not going to worry/try to get her to turn over unless she's still wrong side up at my 36week appt, which will be mid-September. Internet suggests I do handstands in a pool to get her to flip. We'll see. I may be a manatee, but manatees gotta breathe air.

After that appt, I had one with the lady physical therapist. That was a good appt too. She told me I don't have to wear the terrible SI (Sacral... Ilium, I think) Belt anymore (because the kind of pain I'm having in my pelvic area isn't the kind that those belts help). So BYE BYE SQUASHY BELT, and GOOD RIDDANCE. She asked me if I wanted to keep it and I laughed at her. My favorite part of the appointment? SHE SHOWED ME A BETTER WAY TO ROLL OVER. Last night was the least painful night I've had since the end of June. That's not to say it was totally pain free, but it was a VAST improvement. Glorious, even. Thank god for that lady physical therapist. Even if she did seem WAY more concerned with how we can address this pain AFTER I've had the baby than with the pain I'm in/having now... I thought that was interesting, considering that everyone else I've talked to has said that this pain will pretty much go away once the baby's here and her weight (and etc's weight) isn't pushing down on my pelvic joints. So we'll see. I can roll over in bed now without feeling broken-stabby-pains.

Things are good.

1 comment:

  1. After baby came out, I left the hospital weighing as much as I did when I went in with baby inside. It takes a while for the weight to drop off. So maybe that's why you'll still have the pain. 2 months to showtime~

    ReplyDelete