BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just When Pregnancy Was Getting Boring...

Oooh! It's a NEW pain. Fabulous. The old ones were getting musty and tired. I awoke this morning (and by "awoke," I mean that half awake stage where you try your best to get back to sleep, but the little gears of your mind are already beginning to engage and you're all "Shut up, shut up! I want to go back to sleep!!"), (and by "morning," I mean somewhere between my 3 am trip to pee, and my 7:30am trip to pee, and my 9am unasked-for-kitty-wake-up-call) to a new kind of pain. Before I describe this new pain, let me describe the "old" pain, since I don't think I've mentioned it here before.

The best way I can figure out to describe it is that I feel like I've been kicked squarely (maybe slightly to the left) in the crotch with a combat boot. Pelvic pain. The doctors/advice nurses say that it's "round ligament pain" (remember that from trimester the first? Babies with machetes?), and that basically, that sucks for you and it's only going to get worse. It hurts when I walk, just a mild-to-medium twinge with each step. It hurts A LOT to get out of bed each morning. It is especially excruciating when I roll over in bed at night. Some nights, I try to calculate exactly how badly DO I need to roll over? I mean really. Some days are better than others. The "maternity support belt" they gave me doesn't help relieve the pain, but it does annoy both me and the baby. She kicks at it all day when I have it on. Just at the band that goes just under my belly. kick-kick-kick-kick-kick. All day long at it. I don't wear that stupid thing any more. I just live with the pain. Oh, and you would think that stretching would help, but it's REALLY hard to know what's "stretched" and what's "over-stretched" when your joints are more flexible, due to a nasty little hormone called "relaxin," which is what's causing the pain in the first place.

So. New pain. Actually, compared to the pelvic pain, this is a mere "discomfort." The Nurse Practitioner I saw for my last OB appt informed me that "You're just one of those unfortunate uncomfortable pregnant women." Fabulous. ::sigh::

Anyway, I woke up this morning to a new pain, new location. Actually, it feels as if something in my abdominal area, kind of to the right of baby's housing, shrank. It kind of feels like there's a strip of muscles in there that didn't get the message that everything is supposed to be GROWING. It's a kind of tugging feeling when I move... It's not a cramp, but feels like a cramp's baby cousin, perhaps. It was a not-quite-pain, but it was uncomfortable enough to keep me awake for a while. :(

In better, more cheerful and upbeat news, it's official, Little Miss gets hiccups. It's a very interesting sensation. It's not unpleasant, unless you're already doing your damnedest to get back to sleep after your most recent bathroom trip, haha

1 comment:

  1. At least the new pain isn't as uncomfortable as the old and busted pains? I can't wait to hear what name you guys decide on - and every time you cross out "fighting" it makes me laugh. I miss yoooouuuuu. If you bring the baby to Charleston, I'll buy you a six pack and we can hang out all afternoon - you drinking (in moderation - the responsible, motherly way) :), and me holding the baby! Back to work now - keep the blogs coming! Can't wait to see nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete