BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 5, 2010

You Know How I Know I'm Pregnant? Part 4.

I was researching the military Space-A flights, and saw Charleston Air Force Base as an option in a drop down menu and got all choked up and teary.

I want to go home so bad during this Deployment, but I just don't think it would be as enjoyable as I dream.

  • Where would I stay? My mom's house? Not a very enjoyable option. It's set far enough out of Charleston proper that I might get into Charleston 3 times if I stay for a week. Not to mention the added emotional stresses. If I stay anywhere else, my mom will be terribly hurt, and that isn't something I want to deal with either. ::sigh:: So say I found somewhere else to stay for a week or two...

  • How would I get around? There's the bus system, but I know for a fact it doesn't go to the beach. Any of them.

  • Who would I see? Most of my friends have moved on, moved out. Three of my best friends are still there, but two more live in Phili, one in Oklahoma, and one in the LA area. And they all have lives, haha.

I guess I want to go back to the past. The Charleston I grew up in, the Charleston I lived in during college where there were friends abounds, and I could walk all over the city and I could get around and go where I want. It would be the most amazing 2 weeks... Who's got a time machine?

2 comments:

  1. Home will never be the same. It'll be different, which can be good too, in a new way. You need to rent a car--the cost isn't that bad and you can get land-air deals. Rent it for one week and you use it to float from place to place. The next week you split your time between your mom and me. Spend a few days with mom--it might be fun. It would also motivate her to get rid of more clutter. We want to talk about baby things and what a great mom you'll be and share all our happy memories of babies. We'll watch videos of baby Linzy and Dylan and talk about what a great journey and adventure it is. And you'll feel the love of family and we'll get to be a part of your pregnancy. That makes me excited and happy. Your mom would be so excited, too.
    Try to make it happen....it won't be your old dream....but it can be a new dream. Not home, but a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the first hitch in the "just do it" scenario is that you have to pay extra to rent a car if you're not 25 yet. SERIOUSLY. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but it's been a HUGE pain in the ass when moving around for us (David to Norfolk post-wedding, us moving here). I know sometimes rental car companies can waive that for military members, but i don't know if they only do it for Active Duty, or if a spouse could get in on that.

    Second hitch is this: You know my presence isn't going induce Bonnie into doing ANYTHING. It's probably just going to frustrate the **** (pick an expletive, it'll fit the sentiment) out of both of us, and make me not want to see her in the fall. Which is another rant for another time. I'ma call you. I haven't talked to you in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete