BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Part II.

17wks4ds

So we (David, me, and belly makes three) are sitting in bed and I'm playing some music to bebe (via a pair of flat ear clip headphones) and I was pressing my hand into the center of baby's habitat (firmly but not *too* hard) and DEFINITELY felt a strong TAP-TAP on my fingers!!!

I told David "OMG, I really just felt it kick!!" And I grabbed his hand and pushed his fingers like I'd done with mine and the look of surprise and joy on his face when he felt his daughter kick is something I want to remember forever. I am SO grateful to baby and the stars above that he got to feel the baby move before he deploys. Which is coming up FAST. I am already worried and rather sad about how much he's going to miss while he's gone, but I am glad he's been able to SEE and FEEL our baby girl before he has to leave. That's a huge relief for me.


The strangest thing/interesting coincidence about baby's kicks tonight? The song that was playing on my Mother's Day iPod: Jessica by The Allman Brothers Band. That's the song that was playing when *I* was born (my mom had a really cool OB). I think that's kinda cool...

This weekend, especially today have been AMAZING.

:]

6 comments:

  1. Now this is more like it!!! Excitement and happiness---think positive--you may not always be proved right, but you'll have a lot more fun on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so glad that things are going great and that you have a wonderful man to share this with! It makes it easier knowing that you are so far away since he is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stinking exciting!!!!! I LOVED feeling the baby grow and kick all around inside of me! That is an amazing feeling! I'm so glad your hubs got to feel her:)

    ~Goodnight moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being able to feel the child while it is still in the womb is one of the greatest feelings in the world, I am glad David got to experience before deployment. On a side note, I am sure that this has possibly crossed your mind, but with there being a semi-strong correlation between the Allman Brothers, you, and now your daughter what if you named her Jessica, after the song? That would possbily mean a lot to her when she gets older. Just an idea I had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noo, not another J name please.
    Sweet Melissa is another Allman Bros. song. Not that I like that name, but....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dislike the name Jessica. I like uncommon names! :]

    ReplyDelete