BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I Can't/Shouldn't Do Now That I'm Pregnant That I REALLY REALLY WANT TO

This is a list I've been compiling over a few days now.

1. Drink beer/liquor/wine. I don't even LIKE wine, and I'm grumbly that I can't drink any.

2. Play Roller Derby! I found a friend that's really interested in playing it with me, and I have to wait till I'm recovered from having the baby, THEN I get to worry about separation anxiety and finding good/trust-worthy/reliable CHILDCARE. No wonder they say "Better to get knocked DOWN than Knocked UP."

3. SLEEP ON MY BACK. Apparently, there are arteries and veins in your abdomen that can get squished when you're 16+ weeks pregnant and will cut off circulation mumble-blah-blah-you'll-kill-deform-delay-your-baby. Seriously, I wake up at least once a night (separately from the 2-3 times I wake up JUST to pee), having shifted onto my back, in a panic because I'm killing the baby by sleeping comfortably. ::sigh::

4. Have tuna melts every day for a week. They're SO freaking TASTY! I just don't think that SALMON melts would be quite the same. Le sigh.

5. uuum... roller coasters.

6. Drink Mt. Dew. Well, I could have ONE per day, but then I couldn't have my morning tea, which is a very important part of my stumble around waking up ritual.

7. uuum... Oh you know... the general, irresponsible, selfish, self-centered, willfully ignoring the "healthy choices" behavior that I knew, loved and practiced before we knew baby was in there. The baby can't yell at me that I'm fritzing it's weensy nervous system because I decided to have a second cola in the afternoon. The baby can't choose NOT to be affected by my choices. Though, some of the "you can't do's" really make me wonder how the human race has managed to survive for thousands of years before they banned things like Advil and swordfish and horsebackriding, and SLEEPING ON YOUR BACK.

love and grumbles,
L. Pow!

UPDATE:
I can't BELIEVE I forgot Piercings and Tattoos!!!

8. Piercings:Three, read it: THREE. of my friends went last Monday to my favorite piercing parlor to get piercings and I couldn't get any. I was so sad. They all looked so... shiny with their piercings.

9. Tattoos. I've pretty much decided what I want my next tattoo to be (even if I'm not 100% on it's designated location)and another of my friends (actually the friend I got matching tattoos with back in August) was talking about getting HER next tat, and I had the brief, fleeting thought that "Hey! I can hop a MAC Flight," (Military space available flights, for those of you who may be non-military readers) "and we can visit and I'll get my next tattoo TOO!" ::sigh::


Basically the potential danger of piercings and/or tattoos is not the modification itself, but the idea that *if* the needles used aren't as sterile as they're already supposed to be, then *if* your modification got infected, the infection *could* hurt the baby.

If. If. If. If. Could. Might. Potentially. These are all words that are swiftly beginning to annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment