BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh Yeah, Other Stuff We've Done.

Have begun shopping/collecting baby clothes. :]

I posted some pics of the first couple things we bought for Baby Awesome Powers to wear (yes, we're still arguing over the name), but we've (read: I've) been collecting others. We got a couple more things at the Navy Exchange, and then yesterday I went to Goodwill, and boy, did little girl make out well there! LOTS of name brand stuff (mostly Carters, and there is a Carters Outlet store here, but when I can get the same supercutes for $1.99/item, why pay more for brand new?) couple of Baby Gap things. I had so many picked out at first that I did a double take at my cart and then sorted half of the "maybes" back onto the rack. We've still got 21 weeks to go, no need to go TOTALLY crazy... :]

I think I mentioned that we got our crib last week. I think the bigger expense things we have left to get are:
  • Dresser type thing (Maybe.)
  • Mattress
  • Carseat
  • Stroller
  • Pack & Play
  • Glider (David wants to relocate his GIANT recliner into baby's room, but I'm not sure I want to deal with that.)
  • More Cloth Diapers

Smaller/less expensive things that we want/will need:
  • Mei Tai Carrier
  • Nursery Decorations (including mobile, wall hangings, crib sheets, etc.)
  • Bottles, plushy toys etc.
  • Childproofing stuff (though we don't really believe in 100% childproofing... It's something we both agree on, but of course, we'll see how it goes when baby gets mobile!)
  • The Little Baby Care Stuff: washcloths, snot sucker, burp cloths, wipes, etc.
  • Bins/baskets to organize baby clothes/diaper change needs
Things we've already procured:
  • Crib
  • Changing table
  • Swing
  • Some clothes (need to sort them by sizes, we've got some new born stuff, but mostly it's 3-6 months or 6-9 months)
  • Some Cloth Diapers, we have about 6 gDiapers, and have some GroBaby ones on the way
  • Lots and Lots and Lots of pamphlets, handouts, business cards etc. about baby stuff. It really makes me feel sorry for the trees.

Anyway, I realy don't think we're doing too badly. I know some people already have all their big purchase stuff and have had it for months now, but I really don't care. It's not a race, this isn't something you can WIN. After all, it was the tortise that won the fabled race.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't have my stuff until I was 8 mths pregnant. I think you are swiftly accomplishing things. Pat yourself on the back!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great I have nothing LOL Well I have lots of stuff but I dunno if said stuff is useful for said growing gummibear! We need to get together and hang out!

    ReplyDelete