BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Nausea Chronicles, Entry 23. Or: By "Not Much," I Mean "Stuff Has Happened."

Not too much to report here. Been playing the emotional roller coaster game recently. Seems like everyone around me is pregnant too, and most of them are simply overjoyed and poop rainbows and love over their baby-to-be. I'm not as enthusiastic, and I am honestly freaked out at the notion of being responsible for keeping a newborn ALIVE until it's sturdy enough that my ineptitude won't hurt it. It seems to have cost me a friendship, or at least the closeness of a friendship that was very important to me.

Frankly though, if I have to hear everyone else talk about how joyous pregnancy is, and how flippin' excited they are, then how is is fair that I'm not allowed to post my not-so-rainbow-filled thoughts and fears and uncomfortabilities? It's not, but apparently people don't want to be around me because of it. ::sigh:: I wouldn't even post about it, but it's been driving me nuts the last couple of days. I miss my friend.

Anyway. I've been busy with getting things ready for a craft fair I'm selling my soy candles in on Saturday.

David will be home sometime this week, and we're going to have our first ultrasound on the 8th! I just called and the lady was SOOOOO nice. David is taking a Daddy Boot Camp class, offered by the Navy's Fleet and Family Support Center that morning from 0900-1230, and the last appointment the ultrasound office makes is for 2pm. And they were all booked that day. BUT! The super nice lady on the phone said that she could schedule me AFTER that, but just to know that the airconditioner turns off at 2, and if I really don't mind.... she can take us at 2:45.
YAY!!! This means that David gets to be there, and doesn't have to rush over from his morning class. It also means that he won't have to ask for any special time off work either. Or that we'd make an appointment and have to worry if he would get off work in time. YAY!

I also just called Tripler with a question, and managed to reschedule my 16week appt on Thursday so that I can attend their Prenatal class without a big break in between. SWEET, I don't have to move my CAR.

So it appears, that for the time being, things are looking up. I am however, very worried about how the Deployment (because it always has a capital D when I think about it) is going to affect me, David, and our marriage. I'm not too worried about the cats, and the baby doesn't know anything yet, but the other three I'm pretty concerned about. We haven't been through a deployment yet. The longest we've been separated was for about 2 months after we first got married, and I was still in Charleston while he came over here on the boat and got things set up. After the boat pulled in, we talked on the phone everyday, and we could Skype almost every night that wasn't a duty night. Call it a feeling, but I'm pretty sure deployment won't be *quite* like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment