BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Nausea Chronicles, Entry 15. Or: Whatever Is In There Has A Heartbeat.

4.2.10
12wks2days

So.

I had my 12 week appointment on Wednesday. It wasn't very much fun. David and I got lost in Tripler (the Army Hospital they send the military preggos to) and whether he knew it or not, we were in a fight and it was his fault we were lost. We made it on time to my appt and the nurse took me into a room to get weighed (yep, still fat. And by that I mean fatter than I should have been before I started gaining baby-weight). When she opened the door to the exam room with the scale, one of the wives from the boat (Sara C.) that I'd heard was also pregnant was sitting on the table waiting for her appointment to begin! Guess that rumor is CONFIRMED!! (She's 16 weeks)

Anyhoo, after that, we went into my exam room and then back out to talk to whatever-kind-of nurse-she-was-with-an-office-and-a-desk. She didn't really care what I had to say. She gave me those"Yeah, ok, but here's what I've been trained to tell you" kinds of responses, so I quit bothering to try and tell her about what I think, what I've been feeling, whatever. Then we went back to the exam room, which was EFFING FREEZING, BTW, and had a very uncomfortable, very ick-factor, all-up-in-my-business exam. She could have at least dimmed the lights and put on a Barry White Album... >:(

After THAT was over, she put some of that... gel-stuff on my stomach and tried to find the heartbeat. Yep, it certainly has one. And it's definitely *my* child because it squirmed away, just to be contrary when David pulled out his phone to record it. He got a little clip of it though. He's pretty pleased with that.

Next appointment is at the end of April. Will be ultrasounding then, at 16 weeks.

In other news, I'm transferring all these notes as they are to my blogger site. I'm transferring the comments too. I am editing the last names down to Initials only, but I do want to commemorate who was commenting and what they said. :]

The reason for the double internetting is that Blogger has a Blog-to-Print option, so if I save these notes, and they're still funny at the end of this pregnancy, then I'll look into the print option and will have a hard copy of the sort-of journal I've been keeping for after the Zombie Apocalypse comes and the technological world as we know has come crashing to a halt. Though, in that event, I'm sure I won't give a fat damn about how yukky I felt during February-October 2010 in light of more important things such as foraging for food and perfecting my one-shot-kills.

I'm transferring them anyway.

hearts and headshots,
Linzy


· s ·


Ashley H-H likes this.
Ashley Hennessy- Hartford Ashley H-H
let me know where the url when your done i have a blogger too!
April 2 at 3:02pm ·


Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I'll message it to you.
April 2 at 3:13pm ·


Johanna Elizabeth Griffin Johanna G
LOL Barry White! So cool you got to hear the heart this time, next time it will be even more fun when you get to see a what-kinda-looks-like a baby.
April 2 at 4:36pm ·


Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I'm still hoping for an otter. Or a wallaby. Or a koala. Maybe even a wombat. I can't decide.
April 2 at 4:55pm ·


Johanna Elizabeth Griffin Johanna G
KOALA! they are so cute but vicious.
April 2 at 5:11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment