BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Nausea Chronicles, Entry 10. Or: I Can't Pick A Name, But Baby's First Halloween Is On Lockdown.

3.22.10
10wks5days

David and I are still going roundabout on names. He either likes really weird names from books (Think Wheel of Time and Terry Pratchett Books), or really vanilla plain names that I don't like. I like really interesting names for girls, and *mostly* slightly more traditional ones for boys.

I've been thinking about the nursery I want and the dynamics of our house and what days might be like after baby is here. Right now I've pretty much decided I want a bassinet to go in our room/baby's room until baby grows out of it and needs a crib in his/her own room. I want a rocker/glider in baby's room, and probably a changing table. I want to get a Pack 'n' Play for downstairs (which has a bassinet part and a changing part on it that are removable as baby grows up!). I feel pretty confident that that will work for us. I can probably get most of those, if not all of those from Craigslist or yardsale or consignment stores. And if not, I've got 29 weeks and 2 days to save up for them.

One thing I HAVE decided on, is baby's first Halloween costume: I'll be a butterfly and baby will be a caterpillar! (Though, depending on how I feel I might be a busted chrysalis and baby can be the butterfly, hahaha

The nausea is lessening ever-so-slightly, but the insomnia is kicking in. I guess it's good practice for being woken up every couple of hours by my bladder and then by baby as time progresses... But it SURE does make long days at work hellish. The less sleep I get, the worse the nausea is also...

No crazy cravings. No heartburn (yet, though I heard about and dread it's coming). I have been trying to eat healthy-is-ly... I'm having peas and a string cheese and a sprite for snack. Hey, it's a veggie and a dairy!

I can't believe I'm almost done with the first trimester... As of last week, I'm 1/4 of the way through! It'll still be 60,000 linzy-years till the end though. And it's not even an end, it's a beginning...


· s ·

Chasta Goone Chasta G
U could always name her Chasta...HAHA! Thats a very unique and uncommon name. Just and idea! lol
March 22 at 2:23pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
actually, your name always mixes me up because I only knew the name Shasta till I met you and I always have to stop and think before I pronounce your name! (I know it's not that hard, but I have to do it anyway) I do like the name Morgan though... :]
March 22 at 2:27pm ·

Deb Christman Ragsdale Deb R
Sounds like you are making peace, and a plan with the baby paraphenalia.
I ate tums like Spree candy during my pregnancies, and the old wives tale was true, both had LOTS of hair! Ryann came out looking like Elvis....seriously!
March 22 at 2:41pm ·

Keri Alane Williams Keri W
Cami's Name was supposed to be Phoenix Reign! Then I decided once we found out she was a girl that that name didn't suit her LOL! I think Camille Sierra suits her well!! Addisyn's first name was EASY!!! Her middle name was the difficult part (Makaia) we still have yet to agree on a boys name with any of our pregnancies!! I wish you Luck!!! i like the busted Chrysalis Idea LOL!!!
March 22 at 2:41pm ·

Chasta Goone Chasta G
Well its prounounced like Shasta..but my mom was very wierd and changed it from an S to a C. I have no idea why. And yes Morgan is a beautiful name, it can go for either boy or girl.
March 22 at 2:42pm ·

Deb Christman Ragsdale Deb R
I've always like boyish names for girls. Which explains Ryann.....I also loved Jensen, but there is a formula 1 racer named Jensen Button that Scott was not a fan of. But there used to be an actress named Jensen Buchanen on a soap called "Another World"....and I always loved it. Ryan Haddon is the daughter of a model Dayle Haddon, and Christian ... See MoreSlater's wife. When I read the name years ago i loved it. And believe it or not we run into girl Ryann's. All spell it differently.
For boys we've always loved Hebrew names...not sure why, neither of us are Jewish.
March 22 at 2:46pm ·

Jessie Rumph Jessie R
I like Morgan - and Jordan - things that could be a boy or a girl. (Heck, "Jessie," if you don't know how to spell it....) I wish you weren't so far away :( Baby shower in Chas for sure, ok??
March 22 at 5:14pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Jess you wanna throw me one? I might be home in July-ish, depending on how things (health, money, schedules) play out!
March 22 at 6:33pm ·

Ashley Hennessy- HartfordAshley H-H
Hey, there is a awesome consignment shop down in pearl city- lemme know when your free cause i'd love to go down with you! its pretty much amazing!
March 23 at 2:05am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I'd love to go! Maybe next Saturday, I think it's a duty day.
March 23 at 9:05am

No comments:

Post a Comment