BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Nausea Chronicles Entry 4. Or: What's With the Cracked-out Dreams?

3.7.10.
8wks4days

So last night, and by that I mean I woke up about half an hour ago, I had what was probably the second weirdest dream so far. I was in some random house, still in my current neighborhood, and for SOME reason, a bunch of my ex-boyfriend's (T) friends decided to drop in and visit, and then The Ex himself showed up too. He laughed at me and called me an Army Wife, and I did my best to explain that I'm actually a Navy Wife, a Submariner's Wife, to be exact, and he just wasn't having any of it. (Which is really about right, if you knew this guy). It's hard to explain to a group of guys(this particular group of imaginary guys, at least) that your husband is at sea, and no, there's no phone calls, no, there's no video-chat on Skype, only email. Sometimes. Especially when they're like "When does he get home so we can ride his motorcycle into the pool?"

I'm tired of the dreams with ex-boyfriends in them. Dear subconscious, what's the deal? Our life is AWESOME now, I don't feel that those issues from the past are particularly "unresolved", and if they were, I've resolved them the best I can by marrying a WONDERFUL, SWEET, FUNNY, LOVING, CARING, etc. man and moving with him 5,000 miles around the world. Get it? Quit with the ex-'s.

If I hadn't already heard/known that pregnancy dreams were freaking weird I'd be worried. This last week has been particularly ridiculous.


In other news, the pretzel place, only takes CASH, much to my HORROR! I was crestfallen. (I've always wanted to use that word!! Hooray extensive vocabulary and nowhere to wear it. Almost makes me want to take the verbal part of the SAT/GRE again. Almost.) Anyway. Pretzel-horror. So after I shuffled off, with fallen crests, I got in the car still mourning the pretzely-goodness that was not to be mine. As I started to drive away from the mall, my mind was churning with other options for treats. And with David gone to sea, I have to provide my OWN self with treats. I settled on ice-cream. A Cake and Shake, to be exact. Coldstone makes these milkshakes, and mine had cake batter ice cream (greatest. flavor. EVER.) and yellow cake mix-in. I know it sounds weird, but they're effing fabulous. And I got a 10% military discount. Bonus.

I'm going to get that pretzel today. Look out Pretzel-minions, I'm a comin' for YOUR PRETZEL. Don't skimp on the salt.


· s ·

Ric Forbes Ric F
I love "That's how I Roll" from Coldstone. They opened one last year only 3 miles from our house. Yum.
March 7 at 7:35am ·

Stephanie Darden Stephanie D
I'm a HUGE fan of coldstone, but there aren't any near me. At least that I know of. I really like having their cinnamon ice cream.
March 7 at 8:07am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
they've got a new flavor, chocolate dipped strawberry, and it has hunks of strawberries mixed right into the chocolate ice cream! I sampled it, and it was delish, but I can never bring myself to deviate from my favorite!
March 7 at 10:41am ·

Colleen Kawena Cullinan Colleen C
boo crazy dreams...sometimes i wanna tell them "shut the F*** UP!".....ice cream is usually the cure......or a can of cake icing and a spoon ;)
March 7 at 4:09pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I haven't done that in SO LONG!!! (I've been trying to avoid eating things that are just plain unhealthy) Though, there's a can of coconut pecan icing calling my name from the pantry!
March 7 at 9:27pm ·

Colleen Kawena Cullinan Colleen C
are you craving weird food yet? like the kinda food you'd NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS eat? like limburger cheese and squid?
maybe thats a 3 months + type of thing
March 10 at 3:49pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Nothing really weird, unless you count peanut butter on ritz crackers... I think it's weird because I really don't like peanut butter!!
March 10 at 4:39pm

No comments:

Post a Comment