BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Nausea Chronicles, entry 2. Or: I guess I'm going to Attempt a Pregnancy Journal...

3.3.2010
8wks1day

Today has been blissfully uneventful; moderate nausea, but what else is new?

I GOT TO SLEEP IIIIIN!!!!! I told the lady I work for that I want to finish out the month and then quit (which I think she may have ignored), but she's reworked her schedule so she'll be dropping her kids off at my house later some mornings, which means I won't have to drive to her house to be there every morning around 7:30 (I actually usually manage to scramble there by 7:45ish... Mornings are not the best time for me). GLORIOUS VICTORY!!! SLEEPING IN!!!! My favorite thing EVER!!

Sleeping in= less nausea. It's the best thing since SALT. (I'm really not all that enamored of the whole "sliced bread" saying. Slicing bread? Really not that difficult a concept. Salt on the other hand? DELICIOUS. From the OCEAN. BRILLIANCE in a convenient shaker!)

Anyhoo, if you're wondering why I'm not tagging anyone in these notes, it's because I can't promise that I'll be funny. If I could guarantee it, then I'd probably charge.

Uuuum, let's see what else... Oh, David's home for a couple of days (insert excited squealing and flailing here), and that's been just WONDERFUL!!! He even went out last night and got me chicken nuggets and pickles and sliced cheese singles. He's the most wonderful husband I could ever ask for. I love him so much. He's going to be a great daddy. I just hope it's a boy...

s
:

Nadine Gomez Nadine
I hope it's a boy too. So much better for you.
March 3 at 11:31am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
agreed. I'm not interested in any "Daddy's little princesses" and I"m sure he's not going to be able to resist! He has a hard enough time saying no to ME!! :]

If it is a girl though, I'm very interested in raising her to be a strong intelligent woman who can do ANYTHING a boy can do. I'm hoping that she won't even discover the color pink exists until she goes to school...
March 3 at 11:34am ·

Nadine Gomez Nadine
I just think a boy would be such a nice change from your mom/you. She won't have as much to comment on--it'll be different!!
March 3 at 11:35am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I agree, both genders have their pros and cons.

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/boyorgirl/l/blchinesegenderchart.htm says it'll be a boy. ::shrug:: we'll see!
March 3 at 11:40am ·

Ric Forbes Ric F
Just because someone likes pink doesn't mean that they cannot be a strong intelligent woman that can do anything a boy can.
March 3 at 11:43am ·

Nadine Gomez Nadine
I remember that chart. It was right for me too.
Salt cravings--boy. Sweets--girl.
March 3 at 11:44am ·

Ric Forbes Ric F
No offense, I am just saying.... And I totally agree with you about raising an strong intelligent woman. We are trying to raise Beth that way. She never turns down a challenge, and she is really independent. I can't stand clingy people. Hopefully Emmarose will be that way to. :) And I do hope you have a boy, too.
March 3 at 11:46am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I love Beth to death. She's so cool.

I'm not saying my girl can't like pink because it means she's a pansy, I hope she doesn't like pink because *I* hate the color pink. And that's the color that people automatically think of when it comes to little girls. Blech.

Nadine, I have ALWAYS craved salty (and crunchy) things, so I'm not sure how much stock I'm putting in that old wives tale...
March 3 at 11:53am ·

Kathryn Chamberlain Kathryn C
Cosmas once told me that nukes are more prone to having female kids for whatever reason. Booo. I hope you get a boy though. I want my first to be a boy too. :)
March 3 at 11:58am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Actually, the way people tell it is "boy come from BEFORE a deployment, and girls come from AFTER." It's really not true, but it does seem that way sometimes.

I'm kinda hoping the baby will glow in the dark. Then David will HAVE to let me give it a middle name like "Super" or "Telekinetic"...
March 3 at 12:02pm ·

Melissa Geddings Melissa G
Hey don't hate on the color pink. You won't have to worry though. You're having a boy.

I like salty treats too.
March 3 at 2:58pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Haha, thanks for your expert opinion, Melissa! A lot of people have told me that though. Not based on anything in particular scientific though.

I miss La Hacienda! I would so eat there EVERY DAY if I was in Charleston. Well... Maybe just every couple of days. But I really miss Americanized Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, and other ethnic foods. I guess I just like my food plainer and identifiable!!
March 8 at 2:26pm ·

Melissa Geddings Melissa G
I might be having LaHa anytime I want pretty soon. Be jealous.
March 8 at 2:31pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I'm both jealous and SAD. If I come back to Charleston this summer, I swear, all I'm going to to is EAT.
March 8 at 2:47pm

No comments:

Post a Comment