BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Nausea Chronicles Entry 1. Or: Ooooh! Are you going to keep a PREGNANCY JOURNAL?!?!

3.3.10
8wks1day

So, according to MY calculations, and those of my preferred website for those calculations, Yesterday marked the 8wk point in this so-called pregnancy. I say "so-called" because I still don't really believe it. I know, I know, 3 home tests and a blood test should convince me, but I really feel as if I made it all up and that the doctor at my first appointment next week is going to laugh at me and say I've missed out on a lot of cocktails and sushi for nothing.

Other signs that indicate that I am in fact either pregnant (or dying), are: general nausea, frequent headaches, OMG I'M SO TIRED, and lack of that monthly nonsense that makes me rue my XX chromosomes. I'm leaning more toward the dying camp, because then I'd get to SLEEP FOREVER, and oh! the sleep that I would sleep.

I figured that yesterday would have been a good day to start, 8wks, nice round number... divisible by 2 & 4 & 8... Um... also it would mark only... 32 weeks left in this (assuming i'm really pregnant, of course. Only time will tell) ...adventure, but I was lazy and didn't write it. I hesitate to say adventure, because most people wouldn't see thinking "urgh... Cheerios, you do me wrong, but after I figure out if you're going to stay put or not, I'll take a nap." as particularly adventuresome, but words like "escapade, charade, um... something else that ends in -ade?" don't really fit either.

David is freaking THRILLED. Over the MOON. On Cloud Nine. Etc. I'm more apathetic. No soda, no skydiving, no tanning. Probably no port calls when David's boat is in Asian ports during the impending 6 month deployment. I've told him that if he's not here when baby is born though, that I'm naming it whatever *I* want. And it WILL be a kick-ass name. No Jennifers in MY house. (No offense to anyone who is named Jennifer, has a daughter, mother, cousin, niece, pet dog, cat or fish named Jennifer. I just don't want to name MY child that.) Anyhoo... He's not too pleased about my assertion, but if I have to carry it around, sucking the life force out of me for the next 32 weeks, (approximately), then I think I should get more say in the baby-name-game than he.

No cleaning the cat box though... That's about the ONLY short-term plus I'm enjoying right now. Oh, and more people comment on my FB statuses. I also enjoy looking at thingys with duckies on them.

Written about a month ago · ·

Sara Ikner Sara I
Ha, cute.
March 3 at 10:00am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
your face is cute. Like an otter. :P

RAWR.
March 3 at 10:12am ·

Jessie Rumph Jessie R
I can not WAIT to read 32 more weeks of this :) :)
March 3 at 10:20am ·

Amanda Elmore Swafford Amanda S
Holy cow! I can't believe I missed the announcement! But it's probably because that was the day I went into the hospital to have my own baby. :-)

So excited for you!
March 3 at 10:34am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Jessie, 32 weeks=80,000,000 Linzy-years.
When do you think an appropriate tine to take baby to Paris would be? Hahaha

Amanda, congrats on your little one! Glad to hear she's doing better!!
March 3 at 10:50am ·

Sara Ikner Sara I
Hahahaha! I RAWR otters. You made my day, though since you're the preggo one it shoulda probley been the other way around. I will think of something!
March 3 at 10:53am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
I freaking RAWR otters too. They're delicious, I'm sure.

Sleeping in made my day. It was glorious!
March 3 at 10:56am ·

Sara Ikner Sara I
Lol, Sleeping in is nice, I did a little bit.
March 3 at 11:06am ·

Kimberly Bentley Kimberly B
Lindsay... You are too funny! You have to keep these so called Nausea Chronicles up... You crack me up! And I'm gonna need that when I'm at home going crazy with all the drama there! I am so happy for you! And at the end of all this, everything, and I mean everything will be worth it when you look at your little ones face and hold him or her in... See More your arms and you look at David and say..."We made this, can you believe it, we actually made this!" It's amazing! Hang in there... my morning sickness only lasted about a month and I will pray yours only does the same too!
March 3 at 11:14am ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Thanks Kim, glad you can laugh at my misery! hahaha

the nausea's already lasted a month... can I quit now? :P
March 3 at 11:22am ·

Kimberly Bentley Kimberly B
LOL just hang in there... I'm so sorry. I can remember how horrible it is! But again, it's all so worth it in the end! I'm sorry, I wish I could take it away.... I sure as hell wished that someone could take it away from me at the time! Just rest as much as possible!
March 3 at 12:25pm ·

Linzy Powers Linzy Powers
Oh I do. I love to rest. :]
March 3 at 12:28pm ·

Linda DeRemer Linda D
Linzy -- See what fun you can turn misery into???!! I am so glad you are doing this!
March 4 at 2:46am

No comments:

Post a Comment